Having a fireplace in your house can be luxurious. Even if it does not work anymore, it can be a center of attraction in your residence. So, why don’t you decorate it with some of the wonderful ideas? This will help you in detailing your home and you can impress your guests as well.
If you are one of those people who have an unused fireplace, you might want to decorate it. For that, you must learn how to decorate an unused fireplace with simple ideas. In the modern age, people like to have electric heaters for heating their rooms rather than using a fireplace. So, those remain just an unused part of your house.
Decorating the fireplace can make your room more beautiful. Just add a little thought and creativity and you are done. When you opt for the creative unused fireplace cover ideas, you don’t need to hide them or cover them anymore. These ideas will also save a lot of expenses.
So, let’s learn how to decorate an unused fireplace.
Unused Fireplace Cover Ideas
We have brought here a lot of decorative ideas for an unused fireplace so that the unused part of your house does not look old or grey. If you have a thing for traditionalistic patterns, you can decorate your unused fireplace with a traditional touch.
If that is not your thing, you can decorate your fireplace with a modern touch. No matter what your choice is, these thoughtful ideas will always help you out.
Empty Fireplace Decorating Ideas
So, do you have an empty fireplace? If so, we have penned down here some of the cool and creative empty fireplace decorating ideas for you. If you want to decorate your fireplace yet want to keep it simple, you can paint your fireplace with a fresh coat of vibrant colors. This will rejuvenate your unused fireplace.
When the painting is finished, you can curve sculptures on it, and it will look like a fresh and vibrant part of your residence.
Decorate Inside Fireplace
You can decorate inside the fireplace according to the area in which you live. For example, if your residence is near the sea area, you can decorate your fireplace with shells, ropes, multiple colored pebbles, rustic materials, woven rattan, etc.
If you live in a hilly area, you may opt for using woods to decorate your fireplace. You can keep crafts that are made of wood inside your empty fireplace. This will give the fireplace a new look and you do not have to worry about its use.
Fireplace Ideas Without Fire
Want to give your empty fireplace a vibrant and cool look? Do you know that you will be able to beautify your fireplace even without using fire? Here are some of the fireplace ideas without fire if you want to warm up an unused fireplace.
Actually, you do not need heat when you are about to decorate your empty fireplace. Below are some of the amazing ideas that you may opt for using to decorate your fireplace.
- You can fill your fireplace with logs that are fire-ready.
- You can opt for using an organic design to enhance the beauty of the fireplace.
- You can put tiered candles inside the fireplace.
- You should cover the fireplace with an ornate fire screen to bring the feeling.
- You may use the fireplace as a shadow box. This will help to display your favorite object.
- You should opt for using a handsome firebox.
- You can decorate the fireplace with fake stacked logs. Also, you can use a DIY summer front for your unused fireplace.
Decorating Inside A Fireplace
Decorating inside a fireplace can be fun. You can use a lining of textiles if you want to give your empty and unused fireplace an elegant look. So, what can you do to decorate inside an unused and empty fireplace?
You just have to gather some easily available materials. You will need to gather a small rug, beautiful fabric, artificial glass, and a firebox to enhance the ethnicity of the fireplace.
Now, with the help of these things, you will be able to give your unused fireplace a vibrant look. You do not need to paint the fireplace if you opt for using these materials. Decorate inside the fireplace as you wish.
Also, do not forget to keep a petite bench in front of the fireplace. If you wish to give a modern touch while decorating your unused fireplace, it is a wonderful thought that you can use.
Fireplace Decorating Ideas Photos
Want something inspirational regarding the decoration of an unused fireplace? You will be able to see a lot of pictures regarding the decoration of an unused fireplace both inside and outside. You will definitely love the pictures as they are really amazing.
You can take any idea from any photos for decorating your empty fireplace.
What To Put In Front Of The Fireplace On The Floor
While decorating an unused fireplace, you need to keep in mind that you should also decorate the floor in front of the fireplace to enhance its elegant look. So, what to put in front of the fireplace on the floor to make it more beautiful?
Here are some ideas for you.
If you want to bring a natural look in front of the fireplace, you should take ideas from nature itself. So, you can decorate in front of the fireplace with acorns, branches, and pumpkins. On the other hand, if you bring out the contrast, you should keep things in warm colors.
For that, you should opt for using burlap, cranberries, garlands of berries, etc. in front of the fireplace. While adding the finishing touch, do not forget to keep chairs and baskets on the floor. Also, you can make sitting arrangements in front of the fireplace when you finish decorating the fireplace.
Decorative Fireplace Inserts
Here are some of the decorative fireplace inserts that you may opt for choosing.
- You can create a nativity scene inside the fireplace when it is not in use.
- You can make insert racks inside a fireplace and use them as your book storage.
- If you want contrast, you can keep mismatched candlesticks inside the fireplace.
- You can keep small plants along with small pots to bring out the greenery inside the fireplace. This will give a natural look to your empty or unused fireplace.
- You may opt for potted orchids too.
- You can keep logs that are light-wrapped inside an unused fireplace.
- You can put firewood that is painted metallic
Decorating Ideas For Fireplace During Christmas
When it is the time of Christmas, you must decorate your fireplace with an elegant look. So, during Christmas, you must be looking for how to decorate an unused fireplace for Christmas.
Here are some of the decorative ideas for the fireplace during Christmas.
- You should opt for choosing Christmas plants to decorate the fireplace.
- For glow and aroma, you need to keep multi-colored scented candles inside the fireplace.,
- You should hang fairy lights around the fireplace.
- You should add a floor arrangement in front of the fireplace with medium-sized chairs, tables, or sofa sets.
- You should maintain the authentic look of the fireplace.
- Maintain the elegancy of the fireplace.
- Hand small and multi-colored balls around the fireplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I decorate my fireplace when not in use?
Here are some of the decorative ideas for an unused fireplace.
- Fill your fireplace with logs that are fire-ready.
- Opt for using an organic design to enhance the beauty of the fireplace.
- Put tiered candles inside the fireplace.
- Cover the fireplace with an ornate fire screen to bring the feeling.
- You should go for using the fireplace as a shadow box. This will help to display your favorite object.
- You should opt for using a handsome firebox.
- Decorate the fireplace with fake stacked logs. Also, you can use a DIY summer front for your unused fireplace.
2. What can I do with an old unused fireplace?
If your fireplace is getting old, and you do not use it, the best way to keep the elegancy of it is to decorate it. So, if you like simplicity, you can saturate the fireplace with one single color. For that, white color is the best option. Make sitting arrangements in front of the fireplace.
So, these decorative ideas will help you a lot if you really want the mixed touch of tradition and modernity in your fireplace. Try these ideas as your choice.